Diabetes Mellitus: Cure and information,Use of exenatide
What is Diabetes Mellitus?
Diabetes mellitus is a lifelong carrying disease that causes the sugar level of a person to rise too high that it sometimes gets injurious for health. For this purpose, diabetes drugs are adopted in the medical routine of diabetes patient to lower the level of blood sugar.
Diabetes Mellitus is classified into different types which depend on the kind of diabetes the patient is suffering from. Kinds of diabetes are mentioned below:
- Type – 1 diabetes result of the immune system destroying the cells producing insulin.
- Type – 2 diabetes result of wrong diet or obesity
- Type – 4 diabetes result of older age or weight gain
Dangerous Effects of Diabetes Mellitus
Diabetes Mellitus have various effects on the human body. It slowly affects the body, for which we strongly recommend Monthly checkups for sugar patients. Here are some of the effects diabetes produce in our body.
- Increased thirst and frequent urination
- Increased hunger
- Weight loss.
- Blurred vision
- Slow-healing sores or frequent infections
- Areas of darkened skin.
These are the three fundamental types of diabetes mellitus occurring nowadays in people. The medical treatment of this kind of disease is carried on for a long time. As it is a kind of disease that may last longer. The drugs used to cure these kinds of diabetes are:
Drugs to cure diabetes mellitus
- For type-1 Humulin 70/30 KwikPen subcutaneous, insulin Glulisine subcutaneous etc.
- For type-2 Metformin, GLP-1 receptor agonists, exenatide etc.
- For type-4 Glimepiride, Gliclazide, Glyburide etc.
Several therapies for the cure of this disease include a different kind of medicines. When this kind of disease is being discussed, another kind of disease comes out to be a must known disease to us known as Parkinson’s disease. This is usually cured using some of the diabetes drugs like exenatide, which is particularly used in the treatment of type-2 diabetes.
For extra information: Diabetes Milletus types
In 1817 a research was published by an English surgeon James Parkinson. This disease chiefly affects adults or elderly people. It is usually caused by a low or falling dopamine levels. It affects the way we move, cause difficulty in swallowing and much more. It is a very serious disease and as said by Parkinson’s:
You don’t die from Parkinson’s disease, you die with Parkinson’s disease. We should be aware of the symptoms of this disease to get a quick and early cure and stop it from growing.
Symptoms of Parkinson disease
- Slowed movement of the body
- Speech difficulty
- Tremor or shaking
- Loss of balance
- Stuck muscles
- Impaired posture
Doctors usually prescribe Amantadine for early-stage Parkinson’s disease or with the carbidopa-levodopa therapy. Recent researches have shown that common diabetes medicines can also be used to cure this deadly disease. Even if they do not cure, they can surely slow it down. For this reason, a lot of researchers and trial experiments on different Parkinson’s diseased patients were attempted.
The type-2 medicine Exenatide proved to be a key for diabetes, to cure Parkinson’s disease.
How did diabetes medicine help to cure Parkinson’s disease?
The medicine used for the treatment of this deadly disease is Exenatide. The research explained below will help you to understand how it has proved to be a great enemy against Parkinson’s disease.
- Type – 2 diabetic drug Exenatide(Bydureon, Byetta, Astra Zeneca)
A glucagon-like peptide-1 agonist medication, that belongs to mimetics. It has numerous beneficial disease-modifying effects in fighting against Parkinson’s disease. Use of this diabetic medicine with the placebo-controlled process has shown great effects in treating this disease and the benefits persist for several weeks even after the product is discontinued.
Exenatide, a way to cure
All the treatments we have been using did help to overcome the symptoms, but it could not cure or affect the progressive root nature of this underlying disease. A medical trial was attempted on 31 patients suffering from this disease, this trial included different patients who were assigned to have injections of exenatide dose 2 mg and another group of 29 patients who were injected with the placebo. These patients were 25 – 75 years old.
This gave some interesting results as below:
- The patients had a great progress and got at a Hoehn and Yahr stage of 5 or less(scale commonly used system for describing how the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease progress). Exenatide introduced some long-lasting recovering effects on the patients.
- After a period of 60 weeks, the findings on the MDS-UPDRS motor subscale had improved by 1.0 points in the group of exenatide patients and declined by 2.1 points in the placebo group, for a difference of –3.5 points.
Also read: Fats make us Fat
Result of Medication
- In this long test of 48 weeks, a medication containing exenatide versus placebo made the researchers found that the patients who were taking this treatment had a better motor function after the treatment. This improvement persisted for a period of 12-week follow-up.
- Exenatide opened a major new avenue for investigation in Parkinson’s disease.
- Even though there is no cure for Parkinson’s disease but if diabetes drugs are used, you can slow this disease down with a proper course of treatment and live an enjoyable and fulfilling life.
If you have any question please ask them in the comment box and tell you about the article too.